Socialist hostility to the wealth of others.
Possessing a lot of wealth is of no actual benefit, per se, to anyone. It only becomes beneficial once you have spent it on something you want, such as goods, services, holidays etc.
Once you do spend it, where does it end up?
- A lot of it will be confiscated as tax, to eventually fund those less well off. So?
- If it is spent on a large luxurious mansion, the money spent ends up in the pockets of quarrymen, stone masons, scaffolders, brick layers, plasterers, painters and decorators, roofers, carpenters, plumbers, glaziers, electricians, furniture manufacturers, carpet manufacturers, gardeners, cooks, housekeepers, etc, etc, etc. In, other words it all ends up in the pockets of working-class men and women. So?
- If it is spent on a luxurious yacht, the money ends up in the pockets of the craftsmen who made it. So?
- If it is invested in budding entrepreneurs, it creates new job opportunities for those employed by them. So?
- If it is spent on luxurious holidays, it ends up in the pockets of those who built the holiday infrastructure, those who provided the transport, and those who waited on the spender hand and foot. Once again, it all ends up in working class pockets. So?
Why do you have a problem with that? Are you motivated by personal greed, jealousy, or what?
Return to the top of this page, to the Home Page or to the Blog Index.